Friday, July 11, 2014

Pepper Asparagus Side Dish


Ingredients

1 bundle of asparagus
2 stalks green onions
1 sweet red pepper
1 sweet orange pepper
1 sweet yellow pepper (or you can substitute mini sweet pepper- I did!)
1-2 sprigs fresh parsley
Fresh garlic 
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Seasoning (I used Mrs Dash garlic and herb)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Arrange asparagus so that it is in one flat layer on the pan
3. Cut peppers into strips and place over asparagus
4. Slice green onion and parsley into small bits and spread over asparagus. Take garlic and mince over dish. I run it through a fine cheese grater which works great! 
5. Sprinkle olive oil over entire dish and season to taste
6. Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 mins or until asparagus is cooked.

Serves 2-4 people mattering how much asparagus you use :) 

This goes well with many things. I ate it with fish which was a true winner in my book (see photo below) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment