Saturday, July 19, 2014

Feeling Good

It's interesting how when you are not getting fit, you don't ever see how good you will feel when you are getting fit. That first time you exercise after not doing it for a long time, you don't feel good. You are tired. You are sweaty. And the morning after, you wake up and can hardly move because those muscles are tired and haven't been used like that for awhile. In some cases, they will even start to ache WHILE you are exercising and it makes you just want to stop right then and there. Even when you only do a little bit.

More times than none, those are the things that stop you. You think that it will -always- feel like this. You don't know how people can say that exercise can feel good. I know, I've been there.

But this time around, I decided that I needed to keep going. I needed to push through. I gave myself rest days in between but I would schedule the time and workout.

And you know what? It feels great now. Yes, I am still trying new things and finding new muscles that I haven't used yet and they get sore. But in the end, I have lost just a bit of weight so far- but my clothes feel good.

Lately at work, several coworkers have mentioned that I am looking good and that they can tell that I lost weight. What a boost in self esteem right there. Those little compliments make my whole day! But it is so nice to button my pants in the morning and they just aren't as tight as they used to be. I have a pair of jeans that is almost falling off of me now (I guess it's time to invest in a belt). It feels good to put on clothes and realize that they fit comfortably and look good now.

One of the girls at work asked how I am doing it and I told her about how I am now eating healthier and just exercising more. I told her about some of the substitutes that I am making for snacks that I used to eat horrible things (there was a time when I would get a candy bar out of the vending machine at least 3 times a week).

It does feel good getting here and I plan to keep going! I am very excited (but almost dreading) the day when my clothes are all too big and I just need to replace so many of them.


In other news, I put on a shirt that I have had since high school (about 100 pounds ago) and I could actually get it on. A little tight still- but it gives me something to work on. Sometimes keeping the "skinny clothes" around was a good idea.


Thank you for your support. You all make this process so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment