Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Not So Beautiful

I think what gets you the most frustrated during your weightloss journey is the fact that you don't always go down in a straight pattern. One week you are down a couple pounds and the next you gain a few back and feel like you are going no where.

The weightloss yo-yo is probably one of the biggest things that gets people to stop dieting. They don't feel like they are making a difference when they had a bad week.

Take me as an example. I have been going down a bit over the past few weeks (finally). The beginning of my classes were hard, but I think part of it was because my blood pressure was so high that when I was losing fat weight, my body was taking on water. After I started getting my blood pressure under control with meds, and started taking a diuretic, I stopped taking on water as much as I used to (and felt a lot better).

But this past week was a rough one. I had gone down a couple pounds a week, a nice steady downward turn of my  weight. This week, I gained 4 more back. It was rough and it was disappointing.

But then I looked at what I ate that week and how my exercising has been. I had stopped walking on breaks (more because I needed to use the bathroom more) and I also hadn't taken as many long walks as I had been. I essentially stopped some of the progress I had started.

Was I disappointed in myself? Yes.

This week was a little better than the one before. Was it back up to where I had been a few weeks ago- no. I am coming back from my "slip" in my routine. Getting back on the horse.

Portion control is one of my things. I am still working on it. Lifestyle changes are hard. I am hopeful that I go back down in weight again this week (or at least maintained).

When I looked at that weight jump up a few pounds, I reminded myself that this was a journey and that every week is not going to be perfect. But I also reminded myself that even though I went up in weight a few pounds- I was still 10 pounds lighter than I was when I started.

It is all worth it in the end. Just have to keep myself focused and eye on the goal.

Have a great Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment