Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Reason I Am Doing This

For one, I need to get healthy while I still can. All through my life I have heard that being overweight can cause a whole score of health problems when I get older. I just ignored it. Even when I took classes in college that showed me that happens to those with diabetes, and meeting people with heart disease, I ignored it. Ignorance is easy.


But I am not just doing this for me

See this kid right there? That is the man that I have loved for over the past 2 years. He has been there for the best and the worst. He has loved me more than I can even imagine someone could love me.

And I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

I don't want to spend my life with him sick. I don't want to be a diabetic who has to test her blood sugar all the time. I don't want to be in the middle of heart failure.

But that is the road I am heading down if I don't make positive changes in my life. That is my goal. I don't have to be the perfect weight and I am not aiming for skinny. I am aiming for healthy. I am aiming for the weight where I am taken back off blood pressure medication.

The cardiologist is sending me for stress tests which I get later this month. We will see what comes of those. As of right now, the only major issue that I CAN change is my blood pressure and weight. Luckily, I am not diabetic, my cholesterol is good, my thyroid is functioning at a mostly normal level. My baseline is still okay.

I just want to be a healthier person for this man, and the kids that we will have someday...and my many friends and family that I am sure want to have many more adventures with me in the years to come.

That is why I have started this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment